Friday, June 1, 2012

1000th Post!

I can't believe that I've finally made it to 1,000 post. One thousand! When I jumped on Xanga in 2006, I was doing research for my job. Which lead to sparse posting for 2 plus years. But for some reason, in the summer of 2008, I decided to go crazy. It took me over 2 years to add 400 posts. I already had 600 posts by April of 2010. But I've blogged a lot less since that time. Life has a simple way of saying, you've got too many things to do.

I've also had a hard time watching a lot of Asian stuff since summer of 2010. My watching use to be a 3-4 time thing a week. Now, its 3-4 every few months. I just don't have the time and the things being released are not all that interesting. And writing post is harder these days because I seem to spent more time on posts. Another sign of my aging mind.

On my 300th and 500th blog posts, I provided a little bit of 411 on populasian and my post. I'll be doing the same here again.

Top 5 Most Viewed Posts
1. Jeremy Lin - Harvard Guard
2. Chinese Paladin 3 - 仙劍奇俠傳三 - 仙劍三 - 仙劍3 - 仙劍奇俠傳之靈珠神劍
3. Roomie - Upcoming
4. 聽說 - Hear Me - Upcoming
5. 倚天屠龍記/新倚天屠龍記 – Yi Tian Tu Long Ji – Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre – 2009

History of Populasian
I would be lying if I said I came up with the term Populasian. It was actually a "project" that sprung to life in the fall of 1999, almost 10 years ago. A get together of a bunch of people that had grown up together from the late 80s through the mid 90s happened. We had all grown up, but now went to different universities and relocated out of the area. But, for some reason, we all got together that one day. As a result of that get together, we said, let's put up a website where we can keep track of each other and "write" stuff about the Asian American experience (much like what a facebook group does). Many names where thrown into the pot for the name of the website. I cannot remember the name I suggested. Populasian eventually became the unanimous winner. So, I happened to be the tech geek and set up the website. The website never came to be much other than me parking it as participation became like pulling teeth. Now, its resurrected as the name for my blog.

No comments: