Friday, July 3, 2009

300th Blog Post

Officially, this is my 300th blog post. About a year ago, I had just gotten roughly 20 posts in a matter of about one month. Which more than double all the posts prior to that. And it was pretty fun. But I still lacked a clear focus for the blog. You'll notice the shift to more of a review style with the last 200 or so posts. I am still getting the hang of this whole blogging thing. The focus now is mainly entertainment from Asia, specifically movies and dramas. Do I dive into other things? Yes, like Tammy and Victor's Amazing Race 14 run for the 1 million dollar prize. America's Best Dance Crew. You get the point.

History of Populasian
I would be lying if I said I came up with the term Populasian. It was actually a "project" that sprung to life in the fall of 1999, almost 10 years ago. A get together of a bunch of people that had grown up together from the late 80s through the mid 90s happened. We had all grown up, but now went to different universities and relocated out of the area. But, for some reason, we all got together that one day. As a result of that get together, we said, let's put up a website where we can keep track of each other and "write" stuff about the Asian American experience (much like what a facebook group does). Many names where thrown into the pot for the name of the website. I cannot remember the name I suggested. Populasian eventually became the unanimous winner. So, I happened to be the tech geek and set up the website. The website never came to be much other than me parking it as participation became like pulling teeth. Now, its resurrected as the name for my blog.

History of Populasian as a blog
Started September 2006 over on Xanga
Switched over to Blogger/Blogspot in November 2008
Started a mirror at Wordpress for my Taiwan posts in February 2009

Top 5 Most Viewed Posts
1. Chinese Language TV in Los Angeles
2. 敲敲愛上你 - Knock Knock Loving You - Upcoming Part 2
3. 痞子英雄 - Black & White - Upcoming
4. Cheer Chen-Immortal - 陳綺貞-太陽
5. Destined To Love You on LA 18 KCSI (命中註定我愛你)

I Recommended These 5 Posts To Get To Know Populasian
1. The Heights - Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, Walnut, and Diamond Bar
2. 天使情人 - Angel Lover
3. Amazing Race 14 - Tammy and Victor - Leg 12 - Finale
4. 倚天屠龍記 - Yi Tian Tu Long Ji - Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre - 2009 - Upcoming
5. Dance Of The Dragon - 龍之舞 - 龙之舞

Twitter - http://twitter.com/populasian1999
Drama Wiki - http://wiki.d-addicts.com/User:Populasian

No comments: