Wednesday, August 5, 2009

痞子英雄 - Black and White on LA 18



痞子英雄 (Black and White) is a 2009 Taiwanese Police Drama starring Vic Zhou, Mark Chao, Ivy Chen and Janine Chang.

It will start to air at 7pm here in Los Angeles on LA 18 (KSCI) starting Thursday, August 6th. My best guess is that it will NOT have English subtitles.

I finished the series recently and wanted to sit on it for a few days before I wrote up a review. I had a first thoughts post a few weeks back. I'll have my final thoughts posted in a couple of days.

In my opinion, Black and White is the most hyped series out of Taiwan this year. So much hype that they broadcast the whole series on a daily basis the week after the last episode was aired.

Last years hyped show was Destined to Love You.

The series seemed to show up in a lot of English blogs during its 12 week run from April to June. The hype carried it to a movie deal. They will follow up the series with a movie next summer.

No comments: