Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Kogi Truck



I was able to hit up Kogi when the truck made its way out to Rowland Heights. It's been consistently coming out here for the past few months now. Usually on a Tuesday, I got my fix on a few Thursdays ago.

If you don't know what Kogi is and you live in LA, you must be living in a cave. Kogi has been featured in the LA Times and LA Weekly. All the local news channels have covered Kogi at one time or another.

The best way to describe it is that its a gourmet Korean take on tacos and burritos. Hard to believe that Kogi hasn't even been around a year yet. Jumping on the Twitter craze as it started to heat up in 2008, its one of the premiere gourmet food trucks running around LA.

The truck was suppose to arrive at 10:30pm. I got in line at 9:20pm. Truck was late and got there a few minutes before 11:00pm. I finally got my grub at around 12:15pm. Roughly 3 hours of waiting! But it was pretty chill as I had 3 others waiting in line with me.



It's hard to believe that this is my first food post. I am too busy getting my children ready for their meals that I rarely remember to take pictures. "Food" is in the description of my blog. Only after 350 or so post do I make my first food post. And its about the trendiest Asian food in the Los Angeles area for 2009.

I've experience Kogi once. Unless my wait is in the 30 minute or less range, I won't be having it a second time anytime soon.

No comments: