Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Host - 駭人怪物



The Host (駭人怪物) is a 2006 film out of Korea.

The film is about a mutated beast or monster that grows in the Han River. For some reason, the monster has been found and feeds on humans. The story of the monster and beast revolves around a family that has a convenience store around the Han River. The monster attacks people that they are serving and panic and chaos ensue. The story than follows the family as they try to reunite and ultimately destroy the beast.

I thought it was a good film overall. I wouldn't want to watch it again. But the hype surrounding this film back in 2006 and 2007 when it made it to states was undeniable. I didn't care for the family as much as I should and I was never in suspense. It was a very predictable movie overall. It's one of those summer flicks like Twister. You watch it once, enjoy it, and forget it.



No comments: