Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Next Iron Chef - Season Three - Ming Tsai



The Next Iron Chef (Season Three) was on a couple of nights ago. I usually don't like these type of shows because they play up the drama elements. That's also the main reason I never got into Top Chef. Too much drama. I would rather them to focus on the cooking like on Chopped and The Iron Chef. But Season Three caught my attention when I saw that Ming Tsai was one of the contestants. That puzzled me. I wasn't sure why he was there as Ming Tsai has had a long running cooking show and beat an Iron Chef. I would think an Iron Chef tag would be offered to him. But I guess that we got to get the drama on.

And the drama elements really turned me off as it went on. Having the chefs rip each other and than try to look good was annoying. The judges are always a mixed basket. You really are at their mercy because they determine who moves on.

No comments: