Saturday, October 16, 2010

阿福 - YouTube cover artist



There are a lot of cover artist on YouTube. Search for any song you might like that's popular and you got quite a few people covering it. Some are good and some suck. For the most part, most are forgettable. I shared one of my favorites a few months back in Afraid of Everest aka Singindork888 and aozorafantasii.

Recently, a Taiwanese lady covered one of my favorite songs of all time, Bizarre Love Triangle. However, she credits it as Frente who covered it from New Order. The New Order version brings back fond memories of growing up in the 80s. When the Frente version came out while I was in college, it seemed to spark the New Wave cover trend of the 90s. Because, 80s new wave is awesome.

Anyways, back to the cover artist named 阿福 (Ah Fu). 阿福's rendition of BLT was way too short at just around 2 minutes. I would have liked another minute. But the Frente version was shorter than the New Order version, so, I can understand it. But 阿福's rendition is one of my favorites from the YouTube cover artist around. And for good measure, the "fobbiness" of her English made the song super cute too. Which reminds me of my 2 year old that has a Fob accent when she speaks English. My five year grew out of that phase when she started pre-school and started speaking English regularly.

阿福, good luck and please post more covers along with OG ones. Below are some more clips from her.





No comments: