Sunday, July 13, 2014

Bullet To The Head - 頭號目標



Bullet To The Head (頭號目標) is an 2012 film. The movie stars Sylvester Stallone, Sung Kang, and Sarah Shahi. The movie was released in US theatres in 2013.

Detective Taylor Kwon, played by Sung Kang, arrives in the Crescent city to investigate the murder of a former partner of his back in DC. James "Bobo" Bonomo, played by Sylvester Stallone, comes up as a possible suspect. Kwon however is an outsider and goes on his own to do some investigations. Joining forces with Bobo, Kwon is shot and taken care of by Lisa Bonomo, played by Sarah Shahi. Lisa is Bobo's daughter and is later kidnapped and used as bait in exchange for a jump drive with all the data of the criminals behind the hit.



This movie felt B-movie like from the very beginning. The quick montage tricks didn't play out to add to much artistic value, but more amateurish. But the storyline was compelling enough for me to keep going. I also think Sung Kang kept me going. I wanted to see him kick @$$ and for names later. Which didn't happen much as that was left to the geriatric Sylvester Stallone. For his age, Sly still looks defined, but it looks silly that he would hold his own against Jason Momoa.

I watched this via my current HBO subscription. I will be ending it soon as my 50% off for 6 months is almost up.



No comments: