Monday, January 4, 2010

Guns and Talks - 殺手公司



Guns and Talks (殺手公司) is a 2001 film out of Korea. The film stars Shin Hyun-jun, Won Bin, Shin Ha-kyun, Jeong Jae-yeong, and Jeong Jin-yeong. Ko Eun-mi and Oh Seung-hyeon play supporting roles. Many of the faces here became mainstays in the Korean film industry up to today.

The movie is about a group of assassins and what seems like a 10-20 day span. The leader of the group is played by Hyun-jun as Sang. Sang's younger brother, Ha, is played by Won Bin. The other two that form this foursome are Ha-kyun as Jung and Jeong Jae-yeong as Jae. They operate out of their flat and take pictures with their clients. A police inspector, Cho, has started to get on their trail. The cat and mouse chase begins. Who will make it out?

When I saw this movie in 2002, I was completely blown away. Up to that point, I had really only seen Shiri and Bichunmoo in terms of Korean films. So, I was looking to be impressed. What I got was completely out of left field. The movie was both serious and comedic at the same time. It explored the mundane lives of assassins and those that chase them. Seriously blew my mind.

Does it stand the test of time, 8 years after. Recently dug up, I think it does. This is prior to all four members blowing up in Korea.

No comments: