Friday, January 29, 2010

America's Best Dance Crew - Season 5 - Premiere



Last night was the premiere of America's Best Dance Crew (Season 5). The show will feature 3 episodes of a "dance off" between the three regions, South, East, and West. Each section had 5 crews, but only 3 would move on. Like the format for the first 4 seasons was to start with 9 crews until there is one with the remaining 8 episodes.

In Last nights episode, it was the five crews from the South. In the end Jungle Boogie, Royal Flush, and Swagger Crew beat out Ghost and X-treme Motion for the three South spots.

My general impression was that I didn't really like any of these 5 crews all that much. If I had to pick only one, I would side with Swagger Crew because their style is the closest to the type I like.

Hok was a guest judge at the south regionals. Come back Quest!

The audience seemed to be filled with former crews dotting the landscape.

Here's to hoping the East and West give us some good crews. If they were to the same caliber as the south, I'll have to abandon this season much earlier than I did for Season 4.

Because the premiere episode was so disappointing to me, I am going to go watch some of season 1 and 3's premieres to lift my dancing spirits.



No comments: