Thursday, January 14, 2010

Top 10 Hong Kong Films Of The Decade 2000-2009



Last month, I voted for my Top 10 favorite HK films for the years 2000-2009 over at LoveHKFilm.com. LoveHKFilm.com has finally published the full list of movies voted on.

Here is my REAL Top 10 after seeing everyone else's and thinking about it for the last couple of weeks:


  1. In The Mood For Love

  2. Shaolin Soccer

  3. Infernal Affairs

  4. Hero

  5. Fulltime Killer

  6. Red Cliff

  7. Fatal Contact

  8. SPL

  9. Kung Fu Hustle

  10. Throwdown



I made the mistake of voting for Fatal Move when I was really voting for Fatal Contact. I also dropped Invisible Target out of my Top 10 and added Throwdown.

I plan on re-watching all of these during the next year and reviewing the five I haven't posted on before.

If you look at the list of 177 movies voted on from LoveHKFilm.com, I've seen only roughly half of those. I had a really bad HK movie dry spell from 1998-2004. I just wasn't really going out of my way to rent them. But I did still manage to see all the major ones from that era.

No comments: