Friday, January 15, 2010

2010 Asian American Expo



2010 Asian American Expo (AAE) happens January 16-17, 2010 in Pomona in the Greater Los Angeles area.

I made my first trip to this expo some 20 years ago while in High School. Back than, I was more out of obligation. Now, I go there to look around and see what's up with the latest in the Chinese American culture of Los Angeles.

It has a whole lot of people crammed into a very tiny space. I would liken the busy times of the AAE to the light periods of the night markets in Taipei. Lots of people, but never as crazy as it gets in Taipei.

I've been coming since 2007 and its been quite enjoyable and I actually look forward to these type of festivals in the Los Angeles area. Growing up, there were festivals, but they were small and a little ghetto. Its still ghetto, but its less every year.

If I end up remembering to take pictures, I'll post them here. But like whenever I go out these days, I have to chase around 2 kids and keep 'em safe.




No comments: