Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Cabin in the Woods - 詭屋



The Cabin in the Woods (詭屋) is an 2012 film. The movie stars Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, and Jesse Williams. The movie was conceived by Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard helped to finalize the story. The movie trailer gives a lot away, but not the most important aspects.



5 college kids set out on a trip into the woods for a weekend. Once they get to the cabin, funny things start to happen. As the five get acclimated to the cabin, they find a underground basement. However, during this time, they are being observed and "controlled". Will the five survive the horror?

I can't give out much more than what the trailer gives. The movie would be simi ruined for you with spoilers. My thoughts on the movie are that the trailer gives out way too much information. If they kept it a zombie movie and sprung the unique concept of the movie on us, I think I would have liked the surprise effect. The acting the movie was pretty bad. The story had lots of holes, but every movie does. You do what you can to enjoy what's presented. In my case, I was half. The movie's being watched aspect was given away and the other mystery wasn't all that impressive. But it was a fun movie and I enjoyed it as a whole. I won't be watching it again.

No comments: